[WriteLog] CQWW RTTY

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CQWW RTTY
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 03:31:33 -0500
> Surely this is not the way this works! Send a CQ from the main WL screen,
> click on the RTTYWrite window to see who answers, click back to main WL
> screen to send the exchange, click again to RTTYWrite to see the response,
> jump between to clean up the log entry and enter the QSO? And then do it
all
> over again for the next QSO?

There, there, don't fret!  No, rest assured it doesn't work that way.  You
must be covering up your Rttyrite screen when you're in the logging window?
UNdock most, if not all, of the windows so they are free of the main logging
window.  You should keep the cursor in the ENTRY area most of the time, and
still be able to see the Rttyrite window.  Callsign highlighting is working
just swell for me, but I have Don's SuperCheckPartial file.

> The little packet/telnet window is a joke...or is it? Can the .ini file be
> modified to offer a choice of telnet nodes? Can't see how. I put a stack
of
> addresses in the .ini file, but WL takes the first one it comes to, and
> ignores the others. Can you click on a spot and have the radio go there?
> Can't see how. But DX4WIN, which is not a contesting program, does these
> things.

You can specify what nodes you like - I'm a little too tired to remember
right now, and I use DX Telnet, but there's a file in the Program folder (I
think), that's named something like tcp/dat - You can modify that with a
text editor and then you will see your favorite choices to choose from.

If you ever decide to use DXT with WL, check out Don's pages and also mine
at www.qsl.net/wa9als/dxtelnet.htm.

> OK, OK I haven't camped out on the K9JY and AA5AU websites. But I did not
> wait until 30 minutes before the contest, either. :-)

Is there something wrong with waiting 30 min before the contest to do stuff?
;-))

> Just point me in the general direction of the answers--I am not averse to
> reading. But it should not take more research than an advanced degree.

I have several advanced degrees, but I'm still very dense when it comes to
this stuff!

> Thanks in advance. I am having fun in the contest--but my wrist aches.

My EVERYTHING aches, and it's only Friday night!

Hang in there - WriteLog's the best!  If it seems hard, you just haven't
learned how to do it easy yet.
73 - John (WA9ALS)