[WriteLog] CWSS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CWSS
From: k4ie@hotmail.com (Tom Fitzpatrick)
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 18:04:17 +0000
Well,
     I've solved most of my problem with WL sending cw gibberish.  I'm new
using the FT-1000MP and apparently I've got the Jacks wired strangely.  I
found that the computer keys the rig fine if I have the 1000's internal
keyer turned off.  However, then I can't use the paddles (which is sometimes
necessary during a contest) unless I switch the keyer back on.  I noticed in
the manual how the jacks are supposed to be wired for internal and external
keyer.  I even hooked my straight key up the way it showed, but when I turn
the keyer on, I get a string of dits when I depress the straight key.  I
figured the different wiring would allow the keyer to remain on and either
the paddles or the computer could be used.  Guess I'm still missing
something.
   73,
   Tom, K4IE

Get faster connections?-- switch to?MSN Internet Access!