[WriteLog] Windows XP Home Questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Windows XP Home Questions
From: n3hs@qsl.net (Stan Staten)
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 16:51:10 -0500
1) I just replaced my Motherboard and when I put my SIIG dual serial back
in, it came out something like Com 8 & 9.  The board was on Com 3 & 4 before
the MB swap.  Apparently the registry was holding Com 3 & 4 open.  Don't
know if it was because I put the card in a different PCI slot or what.  All
I did was to go to the system and change it back to Com 3 & 4 and rebooted
to see what would happen.  It complained, but it moved it successfully and
was there when I rebooted.  If you have a modem on Com 3 you might have to
move it first or remove it until you get Com 3 & 4 settled down and then
reinstall it.  I had to do that a while back on my old computer running
Win98SE.  I am now using XPpro on a 1500 Athlon I built last winter.

2) W.R.T the cw keying, look through the archives. I did what others are
doing and it worked fine on LPT1.

73 Stan, N3HS