[WriteLog] Windows XP Home Questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Windows XP Home Questions
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 17:02:03 -0500
> 1) Byte Runner Serial Card - I purchased a new PC running Windows XP
> Home and moved my byterunner PCI-200L com card to the new PC. Using
> the drivers I found on the Byterunner web site, the card was installed
> as Com's 4 and 5. Since writelog does not recognize anything beyond
> Com 4, I need to rename the port 5 to port 3.

WriteLog will address higher com ports (to 15) easily - It's in the HELP
file:

There are 4 "slots" available for WriteLog rig interfacing. By default,
CommSlot1 is COM1:, but you can change that by changing the number on the
right of the equal sign.

CommSlot1=1
CommSlot2=2

In this example, the third and fourth slots are on COM7 and COM8. COM15 is
as high as is supported.
CommSlot3=7
CommSlot4=8