[WriteLog] 2 Sound Card Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] 2 Sound Card Question
From: n3hs@qsl.net (Stan Staten)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:33:08 -0500
Ow do I force Windows to use the sound card that I want it to?  I have
two cards in the computer and both work individually, however if I have
both enabled, Windows (XP Pro) wants to use one of them and I haven't
found a way to get it to use the other.  I had put the second one in,
not for SO2R or anything like that, but to be able to keep the normal
computer audio (i.e. beeps and boops) separate from the RTTY audio.  One
sound card requires powered speakers and the other regular speakers.  I
really don't want to use powered speakers for at least 2 reasons (i.e.
added chance of RFI and all the extra cables/power stuff - I have a bad
enough rats nest of that behind the desk already).  Unfortunately
windows seems insistant on using the one that requires an external audio
amplifier, not the one that doesn't require external amplification.

73 Stan, N3HS