[WriteLog] 2 Sound Card Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] 2 Sound Card Question
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 13:41:52 -0000
Stan --

Look in the MMTTY Help File for the section called  "Sound Card Hookup".

Then go to the paragraph called:

Sound Card Options -- where you'll find --

"Multiple Sound Cards

MMTTY allows you to have more than one sound card in your computer, and to
select the correct one for MMTTY.  In this way, you can have one sound card
for sounds, and another for use by MMTTY in decoding and encoding RTTY
signals.  Click Option, Setup MMTTY, Misc Tab.  At the lower left there is a
window labeled device ID.  The default is -1, which means that MMTTY looks
for any sound card.  To choose a device ID, select another number.  You will
have to experiment to find the correct one for the sound card that you want
to use, but there are only four choices. "

With two sound cards in my Soyo Dragon Plus,  I've got my SB16 PCI set as
the default, or option "0"  and the second, motherboard sound set, as "1."
That's determined by which card you leave set as the default in your Windows
audio device properties.  This does take some tinkering, but once you get it
right it's really great.    Two instances of MMTTY plug-in for SO2R work
very well with enough processing power.   I found that an AMD 400 was a bit
underpowered, and an AMD XP 1700+ is ample.

73,  Jon     K1US