[WriteLog] Writelog Version 10.36G

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog Version 10.36G
From: irwindarack@comcast.net (Irwin Darack)
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:42:21 -0500
I used version 10.36G of Writelog during the ARRL Sweepstakes this past
weekend. Computer is a Dell 4550 running Windows XP Home. I have been a
Writelog user for many years, this being the first time I have run it in a XP
environment. Overall this version performed exceptionally!  I did find the
following and I'm not sure if it's related to the "XP", the contest, how I set
up Writelog or this version?

1) Packet Window would not allow me to view just the band. Hence Mults Only,
Auto and Follow me never worked.
2) The radio frequency of my Rig was displayed correctly. It kept flashing and
occasionally would go to a strange frequency. I would be on 21.500 and it would
flash 5.200 for a second? Radio is an Icom 746 and I have the baud rate set to
match at 9600. The com port is set the Dell one (Com 1 - no conflicts). I do
have a Byterunner card installed connected to my Rigblaster and KAM. The
Rigblaster connection worked fine as a DVK Windows Sound Card keyer.
3) Sometimes the F3 Button , Windows Sound card DVK,  would not always work.
When I hit it a second time thinking I did not press the button hard enough, it
would play a part of the first message as if it was already running but not
outputting to the rig and then start the second message. The escape button
always stopped the output.
4) I had no trouble outputting spots to Telnet when I used the Control-T
function.

I used the program in the CQWW-SSB on a laptop running Windows 2000 without any
problems.

Everyother function that I used worked as expected.

See you in the CW contest.

Irwin KD3TB

multipart/alternative
  text/html