[WriteLog] XP, cw via com port

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] XP, cw via com port
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:37:46 -0600
I use a simple 2n222/1k resistor interface on the comport to send cw.
Maybe my ears are not as good as others but it sounds perfect to me.
I experience NO stuttering, no problems with weighting.
And it works every time.

In my experience, XP Pro, com port cw, ptt and MMTTY FSK work perfectly with
no crashes, no lockups, no grief.

Running 1kw, XPPro, AMD 1.4g machine with dual monitors, inetcluster and
usually email.
Never lost a log or qso due to equipment
(wish I can say that about due to stupid op)

Now I'm here, and history is vindicated. - Calvin

Bill H. in Chicagoland