[WriteLog] Wish & Bug List

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Wish & Bug List
From: jbastin@sssnet.com (John E Bastin, K8AJS)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 11:16:47 -0500
At 5:50 PM -0700 12/15/02, Richard Zalewski wrote:

>4.  Need to improve the logic on spots showing in the packet spots window.
>For example- I worked KH6GMP/KH3 but when KH3/KH6GMP showed up as a spot it
>showed that I needed it.  This also goes for the /QRP and /P and /M.

Much as I hate to say it, I would like to have the _option_ of
displaying the Notes field in the packet spots window. That would
solve the problem of those like the idiot who posted D88S and when I
didn't find anything and went to the full window to check, he had put
"this is a test" in the Notes field. There were other items similar
to this during the weekend.

People like that ought to be shot.

Having the Notes field would also be helpful in contests like the 10
meter contest where you have states and provinces as multipliers.
WriteLog doesn't know, and so doesn't mark the spot as a new
multiplier when there is a US call. You find out when you enter the
exchange. Many of the packet spots on US stations included the state
information in the Notes field, which would have been helpful when I
was chasing multipliers and was looking for certain states.

Other than that, the program played just fine in the 10 Meter
Contest, and the Cabrillo file created OK (along with the CSV export
for moving the log to my normal logging program).

<Please don't use my K8AJS@arrl.net address. ARRL mail forwarding to me seems
hopelessly broken and I have received _no_ help in resolving the problem>
   _
  /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
  \ / Ribbon Campaign  | jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
   X  Against HTML     |       http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs
  / \ Email!           |