[WriteLog] XP Time Bug???

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] XP Time Bug???
From: wb3fsr@comcast.net (Peter's Mail)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:56:18 -0500
When attempting to set my computer time just prior to the 10 Meter contest I
found that when I changed the time under 'Date & Time Properties' (XP Pro)
the time would change if I moved it forward but NOT if I tried to move it
back!

I tried Hours - Mins - Seconds and each reacted in the same way.  Each would
change when apply was clicked but revert back to original in less then one
second following a click of the Apply button -  I also checked to make sure
Internet Time automatic sync was turned off.  Closed all background tasks
and experienced the same result.

Next I download DS Time and it performed with the same action Toggling to
the correct time only to return to the original in less then a second.

The only solution that I've find so far is to reboot and go into the BIOS
and set time clock -  Time updates performed by the OS and or 3rd party
software will move time by only one (1) second per update no mater if the
clock is off by a minute or and hour.

Anyone have this experience and or fix?

73

REN