[WriteLog] Fw: Quick SS log checker question.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Fw: Quick SS log checker question.
From: jbrannig@optonline.net (Jim Brannigan)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 19:17:44 -0500
Computer log checking is new and there are going to be some issues.
I looked at my 2001 SSCW results on the ARRL page.  One QSO was rejected
because the section submitted was LA, not LAX.
My log showed LA., so, I logged it as received.  Are we to expect the
logging program to correct this, or fix it manually after the contest?
Since the log checking program knew LAX (from the Cabrillo header) as the
sending section it has no way to determine that the operator sent it
incorrectly.  Do we want our logging programs to intuit the correct
exchange?
Eventually, the logging programs will have the logic to inform the operator
of anomalies and prompt for correct information, until then we will have to
check our submissions.

Jim

> Does changing the ini file mentioned in other posts change the way the
Cabrillo file is generated?

> We entered the sections into the log correctly except NWT.
> In case of QSB
> Repeat, We entered the sections into the log correctly except NWT.
>

> The Cabrillo file generation changing OR, MAR, and QC to ORE, MR, and PQ
respectively is the real issue.  If it does not count me points then I do
not care what abbreviation Writelog uses in the Cabrillo file.