[WriteLog] Clearing of duplicates in S&P Mode

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Clearing of duplicates in S&P Mode
From: ak8b@brightdsl.net (Bruce Ferry)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:21:43 -0500
Having heard all the back and forth about this I think I have the right
combination to clearly state what I have in mind:

1. An OPTION to blank out the QSO entry when the call entered is a
duplicate. This should ONLY happen when the spacebar is pressed, not the
TAB. This would satisfy the need to rework a station without undue bother.

2. Add the callsign to the "dupliicate callsign" message that appears at
the bottom of the QSO window (since callsign would no longer appear in
the QSO entry window).

Have I missed anything here? I don't need to hear "I don't want this"
because it is an OPTION and if you don't want it you don't need to turn
it on. What I would like to hear is if I'm missing something in the
specification.

I know this might not be a high priority item but I would certainly like
to see it implemented.

--
Bruce Ferry, AK8B