Fw: [WriteLog] Com Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [WriteLog] Com Ports
From: Steve Baron - KB3MM" <SteveBaron@StarLinX.com (Steve Baron - KB3MM)
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 22:00:04 -0000
I had made a comment to ED who that it might be of interest to the group.

It is very common to have devices which are "installed or partially
installed" in the system and yet do not show
when you look in the device manager in normal mode.

The device manager will show these devices if you boot to safe mode e.g. my
wife Presario showed three
different keyboards in safe mode - apparently the three different keyboards
that Compaq might put on her system.

Duplicate devices, failed device installations, or just simple device
deletion is always best done in safe mode
and all copies of duplicate/trriplicate devices should be deleted.  The
system will re-detect the right one.