[WriteLog] CT and F-1

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CT and F-1
From: fflynn@adelphia.net (Fran Flynn)
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 19:37:45 -0500
I ran into this a couple of times.  The F1 key would not send the F11
message,
but brought up help instead.

Make sure that you have only one copy of the writelog.ini file in your
system
or be certain you are editing the correct one.  If you only have one,
that makes
it easier.  And be sure that the line is exactly like below, note the
word YES
and not the number 1, they are not the same, and letter case counts also.

It must be:
CtCompatibleAccel=YES

under [Configuration]

I had 2 copies of the ini file on my system at one point and was editing
the wrong one, this
makes for an interesting session as well, when you edit the ini file and
don't see a change in
the program behavior.  Another thing to be aware of is that the ini is
structured
slightly differently for different versions of WL.  Do a "find" on
writelog.ini and delete any
instances that you are not using.  When upgrading WL versions, you might
want to delete
or rename the old ini file.  The name "wlini.old" works for me.

73, Fran Km1z