[WriteLog] RE: WriteLog digest, Vol 1 #835 - 18 msgs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: WriteLog digest, Vol 1 #835 - 18 msgs
From: don@hfradio.com (Don Melcher)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2003 08:48:08 -0800
Phil - have you tried changing the radio's CI-V address to that for a
706 - 48 - and setting it to the same baud rate as you set WL and
selecting 706 as the radio for WL? It will probably work - at least for
2 & 70 cm - but wouldn't surprise me if 23cm worked too.

With the exception of an IC735 (and maybe a couple of other minor issues
- like splits - with maybe a 781 if I recall correctly) - I don't think
WL cares what the radio model is - just so the address is something it
can read - and you can edit the address in the .ini - but it REALLY
doesn't matter

i.e.: I use a 756proII - and (at least the version of WL I am currently
running - 10.32e) doesn't have that radio listed - but I am using 756PRO
selection in WL by setting the radio's address to 5C - the address for a
756PRO. As I recall - when I hooked my 706MKIIG up to WL -it read the 2M
& 70CM frequencies just fine - using the 706 setting.

Don
W6ZO

Message: 12