[WriteLog] WriteLog, shared IRQs and COM ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog, shared IRQs and COM ports
From: Ron Stordahl" <ron.stordahl@digikey.com (Ron Stordahl)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 14:22:05 -0600
PCI  cards and interupt sharing have solved the conflict problems.  I have 2
4-port Byterunner PCI cards( which also each include 1 printer port), so
including the on board serial ports I have a total of 10 com ports and the 8
Byterunner ports plus 2 LPT ports all use the same IRQ-11 (plus I believe my
sound card and my network card!).  I have unused IRQ's!   I have tested this
with both Windows ME and Windows XP.

Ron N5IN