[WriteLog] WriteLog, shared IRQs and COM ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WriteLog, shared IRQs and COM ports
From: shr@ricc.net (W0UN--John Brosnahan)
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 08:10:44 -0600
At 10:26 AM 1/9/2003 +0000, Clive Whelan wrote:

>The following site may help explain some of the black magic!
>
>http://members.hyperlink.net.au/~chart/pci.htm

Clive--

LOTS of good stuff here--but it may cause me nightmares
and make me wonder if the motherboards I just bought
were a good choice.  Trying to find the best legacy "bridge"
MB that has an ISA slot for some old hardware as well as
two serial and a parallel port AND has PCI slots, 4x AGP,
and USB ports.     Soyo K7VTA pro  MB was what I came
up with.

This was the only one I found that met all of my requirements.
If I have problems this site should give me a good starting point
to understanding it.   Whether the problems can be resolved is
another issue.

Thanks for the web site tip.

--John   W0UN