[WriteLog] Audio file output?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Audio file output?
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu Jan 23 08:05:21 2003
Richard, I have the same problem here on a WIN2K machine.  There was a
thread here about the subject awhile back.  The problem is apparently not
shared by the masses, and it was not solved.  Regardless of trying a number
of different MPEG Layer-3 codecs, I always get an UNcompressed file like
you.  The filename comes out with the mp3 extension, but in fact, it is an
uncompressed PCM file.  I have the available diskspace, so other things have
taken priority.  However, I would really appreciate it if you or anyone else
figures this out so I can use compression.  Thanks!  73 - John, WA9ALS