[WriteLog] Minnesota QSO Party

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Minnesota QSO Party
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Sun Jan 26 13:06:49 2003

> I have to say I'm a little disappointed.
>
> Feb 2002 I took part in the Minnesota QSO Party. At that time
> I had to use a
> logging program by WR0DK because the WriteLog contest module
> for Minnesota
> was not up-to-date with the rules then current. Well here we
> are one year
> later and nothing has changed.

OK, guilty as charged.

If you really want this problem fixed, you might consider the
timing of your requests.  Waiting until there is no time to code
and test the required changes before you note the problem is not
a recipe to end your disappointment. Yes, I should have
remembered to do something based on the 30 Jan 2002
complaints filed here by the same person last year
(http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/writelog/2002-January/009199.html),
but  I failed to add them to my list. So you behaved the same
this year as last year, and so did I. And the result,
(are we surprised?) is the same again.

Since this is the second year, maybe it will make my
todo list properly. However, for small contests who's rules
are prone to change, I am very likely to wait until
next year's rules are published before doing anything,
as I really don't have the energy to fix the same
contest rules twice in the same year. So you might want
to "help" me remember this particular one.

On the other hand, if your goal is to be able to post
well-founded complaints on the reflector, you have
found a reliable mechanism.

Wayne, W5XD