[WriteLog] VHF/UHF direction & distance

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] VHF/UHF direction & distance
From: writelog@W1QA.com (Bob McCormick W1QA)
Date: Sat Feb 1 19:41:20 2003
Greetings:

I'm a recent convert to WriteLog ... and have also
got it setup at the NC1I contest station, where I
often have the opportunity to guest operate.

One thing Frank NC1I noted that WriteLog doesn't
seem to do - that CT does - would be very helpful
in VHF/UHF contesting.

In CT - if you enter a 6-character grid square
in the callsign field, you can get a bearing and
distance calculation.  This is invaluable when
you're operating with high-gain narrow-bandwidth
antennas ...

It would seem that WriteLog has most of this
in place ... as it will do this based on the
callsign's country prefix.

How do we submit suggestions / requests?

This one feature could really help drive the
migration of our September contest effort from
CT to WriteLog ... and may be of value to other
folks who operate UHF/VHF.

73
Bob W1QA