[WriteLog] AA5AU WriteLog Website Update

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AA5AU WriteLog Website Update
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue Feb 4 22:11:56 2003
Added direct link to example RTTY messages for this weekend's
WPX RTTY contest.

Added link to the rules for the WPX RTTY contest.

Added an E-mail link to Ed, K4SB, for corrections or additions to his
FRIEND.INI file.  Or if you may just want to thank him for the nice file!
Actually we are finding out that a lot of the calls that are in the RTTY
Callsign Database are not in the FRIENDS file.  Download the FRIEND
file, open it in Notepad or Wordpad, then search for your call.  If your
call is not found, send Ed an E-mail asking him to add you call and give
him the name you want in the file.  We will try to put out another update
before WPX.  Please send your info directly to Ed and not the reflectors -
thanks.

I have not updated the RTTY Callsign database yet.  Still working on that one.

http://www.geocities.com/writelog/

Hope to see everyone in this weekend's WPX contest.  In my opinion, it's
one of the top 3 RTTY contests of the year.  Big rates, lots of DX, etc.

What makes this contest fun, is that if you have a unique prefix like
WX5L or WC1X, you can really be in demand.  And packetcluster use is
encouraged for all classes.  The packetcluster doesn't do much for you early
in the contest when just about everyone is a new multiplier.  But late on Sunday
I'm chasing everything that's spotted.

Which brings out another point.  If you have the time, spot all special, rare or
unique callsigns regardless of QTH.  Heck, spot everything!

Man, I'm pumped for this weekend!  CU THERE!

73, Don AA5AU