[WriteLog] ICOM

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ICOM
From: W1NET@arrl.net (W1NET)
Date: Mon Feb 10 01:48:19 2003
Hi long time listener first time caller,

Just finished up the RTTY contest and I have some questions.  I have spent
sometime looking thru the help stuff and have answered some of my questions
(like rig blaster settings) but I still have a few.

First is it possible to set up two icoms thru the ci-v interface to
writelog.  For some reason I thought it was ... if not is it part of any
plans in the future??  I was surprised I could only use one radio this
weekend (guess I took that for granted from using yplog).

Second on the screen is there any way by just doubling clicking the words
you can get the call, even if its not highlighted? and get the whole call.
For some reason it would grap the number and everything to the right but not
anything left of the number.

The rtty rite interface I guess takes some getting used compared to
winwarpler and other interfaces (no waterfall and mouse control??).  I will
keep playing with that.

I don't want to sound negative. I think most of my questions are pilot
errors.  I blew past my expectations for the contest and had a TON OF FUN.

I have been reading this group for several monthts before I bought this
software...looking like yplog may slowly fad away so I needed to move on.
Other than my main concern about the radios this software seems very solid
and relatively easy to use (I was up and running in only  a few hours and
that was because of the rigblast info was a bit hard to find).

Thanks for listening...

John W1NET