[WriteLog] Cabrillo files...

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Cabrillo files...
From: N3SL@aol.com (N3SL@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 19:06:33 2003
In a message dated 2/11/2003 5:58:28 PM Central Standard Time,
huffew@myway.com writes:

> Hi,
>  I have sent in my log file several times and it is rejected each time.  I
> use WriteLog and within it, I produce an ADIF file and save it to
> A:kc1yf...
>  I use Windows Explorer (in Windows XP) to look at the file and it says it
> is kc1yf.log not kc1yf.adi.  This is probably the what is wrong.  So I
> changed the name of the file to kc1yf.adi tried that, and that doesn't work
> either.
>  I see that many of us Hams are having trouble trying to produce an
> acceptable Cabrillo ADIF file for many of the contest.  It seems that some
> work and some don't.
>  We need to produce a Cabrillo program that is consistent and will produce
> an ADIF file properly.  Is it because of the different contest programs
> that we use for contesting?  Or something different in the Cabrillo file?
>  I think you said you could send us a Cabrillo program that will work.  So
> please do so.  I will let you know how this works out.

Wayne,

ADIF files have NOTHING to do with your log submission.  The format is
Cabrillo, and WL saves your log in Cabrillo format with only one little
problem - it puts "RTTY" at the end of your category, e.g. "SINGLE-OP ALL LOW
RTTY", which the scoring robot rejects.  Use Notepad or Wordpad to edit out
the "RTTY" part, and all is well.

GL,
Steve