[WriteLog] To owners of YAESU FT 920

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] To owners of YAESU FT 920
From: va7lc@shaw.ca (Les, VA7LC)
Date: Mon Feb 17 15:57:00 2003
Do you own an FT-920. Be warned. This is a copy of an e-mail I sent to ARRL
INT.DX CW contest manager.
Dan, During the DX CW contest I discovered a fault in my radio/logging. I
wasn't aware of this before, and I don't know how it will affect my log. It
seems some of the frequencies in my log are incorrect. I use WriteLog for
contest logging. My radio is a Yaesu FT 920. For the first time I used the
Store and Recall buttons on my rig. When there was a pile up I stored the
frequency for later recall. I now find that in using these buttons, the
frequency of my rig was not changed "in the log" until I changed the memory
recall back to VFO, at this point the correct frequency was sent to my
logging program.
I realize that you will have to mark the cabrillo log as received. I just
thought I would give an explanation for something you might find strange.

73's

Les Corris, VA7LC

I am posting this only to make other FT-920 owners aware of this
idiosyncrasy. Hope it doesn't lose me too many points!