[WriteLog] DVK via com port?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DVK via com port?
From: na4m@arrl.net (Phil Duff)
Date: Tue Feb 18 08:49:59 2003
At 03:09 2/18/2003 +0000, Richard, M5RIC wrote:
>Hi
>
>Is there a way to use the com port for keying with SSB messages?
>
>I know you can use the LPT port for it very easily but can you use the com
>port, if so how? I've had a look back through the reflector and can't seem
>to find much.

Richard -

I have an FT-1000MP. I use COM4 for PTT, as well as CW and FSK output and I
use the internal sound card for SSB contest messages.  I have the Port
Setup dialog set with "All mode PTT on CW Port RTS" box checked.

WriteLog's Port Setup Help sez:

"PTT on CW Port RTS"
"If you select CW on a COM port, WriteLog will put PTT signals on the same
port on its RTS output. This is for all modes, not just CW, and this PTT
signal is in addition to any that WriteLog might put on an LPT port or
through rig control."

73 Phil NA4M

....- --
Phil Duff NA4M     na4m@arrl.net   Georgetown, Texas