[WriteLog] Help!! (SoundCard DVK messages)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Help!! (SoundCard DVK messages)
From: sholton@optonline.net (Steve Holton)
Date: Fri Feb 28 11:42:25 2003
Help!
Needless to say I'm a procrastinator, now I'm trying to get soundcard DVK
running for ARRL DX tonight......
The problem I am having is combining letters/spaces with
numbers/slash/question and recorded messages.
I have recorded the letters, numbers and /?and space under the same
conditions using the same technique - GoldWave.
I can combine numbers, slash, question mark and a <recorded wave file> in a
buffer and it plays back FB
I can combine letters and space in a buffer and it plays back FB.
I can combine numbers in the call sign entry window and a buffer with
numbers, slash, question mark and a <recorded wave file> in a buffer and it
plays back FB.
I can combine letters in the call sign entry window and a buffer with
letters and space and it plays back FB.
Individually  writelog has no trouble with all letters + spaces  OR numbers
+ '/ '+ '?" + wav file BUT it cannot handle combinations.
When combined if the first thing encountered is a letter it outputs all the
letters in finds but all numbers, files are incompatible and vice versa

Examples below....  Buffer contents,  (with Call entry window contents if
applicable),  "sound output",  error msg if applicable
123<againpse.wav>        -> "1 2 3 again please"
abc<againpse.wav>        ->   " A B C"  + error msg  Againpse.wav
incompatible with earlier files
%C<againpse.wav>         with 'AA' in call field in qso entry window     ->
"A A"
                                                         IF tab/space after
'AA' the  error message for Againpse.wav else no error message
%C<againpse.wav>         with '12' in call field in qso entry
window      -> "1 2 again please"
%C<againpse.wav>        with 'W1AW' in call field in qso entry window -> "W
A W" + 1.WAV incompatible with earlier files
123 456 abc ddd 123      -> 123 456 123  + incompatible with other files
for space,space,a,b,c,space,d,d,d & space.wav
abc 123 ddd 123           -> "A B C D D D" + incompatible with other files
for 1,2,3,1,2 & 3.wav
%C                             with 'W1AW' in call field in qso entry
window -> "W A W" + 1.WAV incompatible with earlier files
%C                             with '1W11' in call field in qso entry
window -> "1 1 1" + W.WAV incompatible with earlier files

Hopefully I'm missing something simple....

73
Steve N1NB