[WriteLog] New User CW question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] New User CW question
From: N3SL@aol.com (N3SL@aol.com)
Date: Fri Mar 7 16:05:48 2003
In a message dated 3/7/2003 12:46:01 PM Central Standard Time,
ve6zt@sturgeon.ab.ca writes:

> I'm sure this has been answered many times but...
> I have a FT-1000D.? Is there a way I can send CW with writelog and
> still be able to send manualy with my bencher paddle?? TR can do this
> but CT can't.? Can anyone point me to the resource to make this work if
> it is possible.

Don,

You cannot correctly key the 1000D (or the MP) with a paddle AND a computer
controlled line at the same time - if the rig's keyer is being used, which is
how I interpret your question.? Both key jacks are wired through the keyer or
not (on or off).? In the 920, Yaesu split the 2 jacks such that the front one
is controlled by the internal keyer on/off, while the rear can remain a
straight key, external keyer, computer controlled line, etc.? The only
acceptable solution I've found is to use an external keyer.

I may be interpreting your question incorrectly, since you say TR can do
this.? My apologies, if so.

73,
Steve