[WRITELOG] Commonwealth Contest Support Coming Next Year...

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WRITELOG] Commonwealth Contest Support Coming Next Year...
From: andrew@exinet.co.za (Andrew Roos)
Date: Mon Mar 10 06:50:37 2003
Hi all

I'm a new user, having purchased WriteLog for use in the RSGB Commonwealth
contest last weekend. Ron was most helpful with my urgent short notice order
(I only ordered on Friday, for the contest starting on Saturday) and when I
mentioned that the Commonwealth contest isn't supported, he promised to
support it for next year if I sent him the rules, which I have done. Since
I've seen a number of enquiries about support for this 'test, I thought I'd
post the good news.

Needless to say, the software worked great and I had a ball in the 'test,
although I saw it as an opportunity to learn the software rather than a
competitive event. My appologies to anyone who contacted me in my first few
hours of use (I started 1600 UTC), I struggled initially with technology
overload, never having used logging software before. I was also using a
borrowed and unfamiliar rig, mine having blown finals the night before, and
what's worse wasn't able to interface my paddle with the new rig so had to
settle for Writelog's CW Keyboard for anything other than the standard
exchanges I had programmed in. But it all came right and I realised sometime
around 6 am on Sunday morning that I just might become a contest junkie...

73
Andrew ZS1AN

Andrew Roos
Technical Director, ExiNet