[WriteLog] Newbie Question - "%3" sends leading Zeros instead of leading

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Newbie Question - "%3" sends leading Zeros instead of leading "T"s
From: andrew@exinet.co.za (Andrew Roos)
Date: Mon Mar 10 07:02:50 2003
Hi all,

I recently purchased WriteLog and used it for the first time in the
Commonwealth contest last weekend. When I was initially learning to use the
software, I set up a test log including some standard exchanges, and
everything worked as advertised, including the "%3" notation I used to send
a serial number with enough "T"s in front to make it 3 digits.

Then I set up another log for the contest itself, again using the WAE
Phone/CW Contest  template, and entered (I think) the same exchanges.
However this time "%3" sent leading zeros, not leading "T"s, to pad serial
numbers to 3 digits. I'm sure I did something to induce this behaviour, but
for the life of me I couldn't figure out what it was! It was also quite
frustrating sending such a long exchange, although eventually I changed it
to "t%2" which at least sent an initial "t".

My rig was connected via an optoisolator on COM1, using the "PC generates"
setting on the port setup page. All other CW was properly generated and
sent.

Any suggestion as to what I did to induce this behavour, and how to cure it,
would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Andrew ZS1AN

Andrew Roos