[WriteLog] Multi-single band change timer

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Multi-single band change timer
From: k1ir@designet.com (Jim Idelson)
Date: Wed Mar 12 08:54:12 2003
How does this feature work?

Our setup for CQ WW DX involves as many as four different stations, each with a
networked WriteLog computer. At any particular time, any one of those stations
might be the "Run" station, while the others are the "Mult" stations. When we
use the timer, it doesn't look like its giving us the info we need. It looks
like the individual stations don't know who is Run and who is Mult.

In ARRL DX, we use a similar setup. In this case, usually only two stations. It
looks like the band change timer/counter is looking at a "rolling hour" rather
than a "clock hour" as defined in the rules. I could be wrong; we do try to
spend our time operating rather than debugging while the contest is under way!

Has anybody worked through this completely? I'd be interested in understanding
all the details and requirements so we can take advantage of this important
feature.

73,

Jim Idelson K1IR
email    k1ir@designet.com