[WriteLog] Need help

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Need help
From: Georgek5kg@aol.com (Georgek5kg@aol.com)
Date: Mon Mar 17 16:50:25 2003
In a message dated 3/17/2003 8:51:16 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
ak0a@kc.rr.com writes:

> yes, your right. But when we change bands you like to know which stations on
> that band are worked by the other stations.
> So lets give an example:
>
> first period: running station 1: 10 meters, running station 2 15 meters.
> second period: running station 1: 20 meters, running station 2 40 meters.
> thirty period: running station 1: 15 meters, running station 2: still 40
> meters

Ronald,

The explanation you give is not terribly clear, but I think I know what you
are asking.

But first, help me understand the setup of your two stations:  will they be
networked together with each station's computer running WL?

If so, each operator will be able to see in WL's Check Call Window the bands
on which a station and a multiplier has been worked.

Here is how it works:  When the operator enters a callsign in the QSO Entry
Window, that callsign will appear in the Check Call Window for the bands on
which it has been previously logged.  Also, the multipler for that callsign
will appear as an "OK" on the bands and modes on which that multiplier has
been worked.

Lets take an example:

Station 1 works VQ9QM on 20 meter CW
Station 2 works VQ9QM on 15 meter PH

Station 1 later is on 15 meter phone and tunes across VQ9QM.  VQ9QM is
entered into the QSO Entry Window.  The Check Call window will immediately
show VQ9QM as already been worked on that band and mode.  The QSO Entry
Window will also indicate a "dupe" for VQ9QM.  The operator does not work
VQ9QM, and hits F11 to clear the QSO Entry Window.

Station 1 later is on 40 CW and tunes across VQ9QM.  VQ9QM is entered into
the QSO Entry Window.  The Check Call window will immediately show VQ9QM as
worked on 20 CW and 15 PH.  VQ9QM is worked and logged as a good contact on
40 CW.

Station 1 then works VQ9XX  on 40 CW.  When VQ9XX is entered into the QSO
Entry Window, the Check Call window will show "OK" for 40 CW, 20 CW and 15
PH, indicating that VQ9 [the multiplier] has been worked on these bands and
modes.  The operator works and logs VQ9XX as a good contact on 40 CW.

This should give you a good idea how WL's Check Call window is used to tell
the operator what has been worked by band and mode by each radio on the
network.

73, George, k5kg

George I. Wagner, K5KG
Productivity Resources LLC