[WriteLog] Fielday GOTA Station on a network

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Fielday GOTA Station on a network
From: k1bfd@k1bfd.com (k1bfd)
Date: Sun May 18 19:54:18 2003
That is correct. However, that was also the case when we had Novice
station, and there was a provision in WL to support networking the
novice station to the regular stations. There is a thread in the
archives (May 2002 I think) that says that you have to use a station
identifier of "N" for the GOTA station and that by doing so, you would
avoid dupes. I also found a reference in the help file (search on the
word Novice and select the fielday sub topic) that confirms what the
archive thread said.

As I said in my original message, half of it works (the HF station
doesn't dupe entries from the GOTA station), but the other half (GOTA
dupes entries from the HF station) does not.

Last year we did in fact run the GOTA outside the network, but I found
out after FD by reading the reflector messages that we could have
included it.

Barry -- K1BFD

It sounds like you are trying to network the two computers.... not
possible.
The calls for the primary stations
and the GOTA station must be different.  I would suggest NOT networking
-
but run stand alone as the GOTA
must be a different call than the primary.

Bruce - N1LN