[WriteLog] USB X SERIAL PORT

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB X SERIAL PORT
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu Jun 5 08:13:32 2003
> adaptor and the operating system automatically gave it COM Port 5. I am
not good at computers and
> have no idea of how to make WL recognize it as I only have a choice of COM
Ports 1 through 4 to
> choose from in WL menu. No big deal as I have COM 4 working, but sticking
another radio to the WL
> would be nice. Does anyone know how to use COM Port 5 with the Write Log?

Sure:

The HELP file spells out how to get whatever
ports you want listed as available for CW and Rig control etc:  The key part
is below:

There are 4 "slots" available for WriteLog rig interfacing. By default,
CommSlot1 is COM1:, but you can change that by changing the number on the
right of the equal sign.

CommSlot1=1
CommSlot2=2

In this example, the third and fourth slots are on COM7 and COM8. COM15 is
as high as is supported.
CommSlot3=7
CommSlot4=8

Mine looks like this:

[Ports]
COM1:=9600,n,8,1
COM2:=9600,n,8,1
COM3:=9600,n,8,1
COM4:=9600,n,8,1
CommSlot1=1
CommSlot2=4
CommSlot3=5
CommSlot4=6

Thus my Setup Ports window offers COM 1,4,5,6 for rig control.

Hope this helps!  73 - John, WA9ALS