[WriteLog] Logs For ANARTS

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Logs For ANARTS
From: w1zt@attbi.com (George Johnson)
Date: Thu Jun 19 21:00:23 2003
Joe,
WriteLog will create an ASCII output as a file that can be read by a text
editing program like Notepad or WordPad.  If you select the output as "by
band" a single file with your log in band sequence (and by time) is
produced.  This file will ask you to give it a name.  It does not have to be
"printed".  You can then cut and paste sections of that file into new files
dedicated to each band.  I labeled them W1ZT_80.txt and W1ZT_40.txt etc.  It
sounds like a lot of work but that is the procedure.  WL does not create the
separate files automatically.  If someone else has a better method, I am
"all ears".

WriteLog will also create the ASCII text file called "dup" which includes a
listing by band of all the callsigns in the log.

The last required item is the summary sheet which has to have text added to
it for class, operating times etc.  A total of seven files, one for each
band plus the dup file and summary file can be attached to an email and sent
to ANARTS.

Over the next year, it is likely that ANARTS will shift their administrative
process towards Cabrillo logs as are other contest sponsors.  But that
process is not ready right now.
73 and good luck,  (and thanks for the Qs in the contest)
George .. W1ZT