[WriteLog] Telnet: Can't create packet OLE Automation Object

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Telnet: Can't create packet OLE Automation Object
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sat Jun 21 22:48:51 2003
This is from the DXT2WL.TXT file:

Note:
DXT2WL.EXE requires that the MSVBVM50.DLL library file is
present in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory
If you get a WriteLog error message saying
"Could not create OLE object"
this might be due to a missing MSVBVM50.DLL

So make sure you have MSVBVM50.DLL in the above directory.

If not...

It's possible DXT2WL.EXE was run from a location other than it's default
location c:\DXTELNET\DXT2WL\.  If it was, then you are going to the
 OLE error when you try to open the packet window in WL.

DXT2WL.EXE should only be run only ONCE to register itself in the system
registry.  If it's run from a location other than it's default location, it
gets registered
in a location that WL can't find.

What you have to do is search the system registry for all entries of DXT2WL.EXE.
This is not as hard as it sounds.  I wrote instructions on how to do this after
ran into this problem and put it on rttycontesting.com.

Refer to http://www.rttycontesting.com/regedit.html

If you can wait an hour, I can make a printable version of this webpage which
you
can print, then follow as it guides you to correcting entries in the registry
(if needed).
I spent countless hours fixing this one time.  I had never ever fooled with the
system
registry.  I was scared to death to try it, but after all my research, I knew I
had to do
it.  If you follow the instructions in the above URL, you will do fine.

I'll copy that page into MS Word, add the screenshots and upload it to a new
location
at http://www.rttycontesting.com/dxtelnet/regedit.htm.  I'll announce when I
have it
uploaded.