[WriteLog] New User

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] New User
From: n5nw@n5nw.org (Marty N5NW)
Date: Sun Jun 22 10:26:25 2003
I have been a TR user for a while, but wanted to see what a windows
contesting package might do.  I looked at and purchased writelog at Dayton
this year.  I have the COM1 interfaced to the TS-570 for freq, etc., and the
CW keying is on the LPT1 port.

I think I need a primer on using WriteLog.  I can't seem to send any CW.  I
tried to set up a contest (NAQP, CW) but when I press the function keys, I
get "Can't find msg.wav", even though the rig and software both indicate I'm
operating CW.  The keying interface works fine on TR under a DOS window, so
I don't think it's the interface itself.

I'm using Win95 on a 300MHz Compaq laptop.  Any help is appreciated!

--
73 de N5NW/8 (Marty)
Bellbrook, Ohio