[WriteLog] ?Help:WriteLog networking?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ?Help:WriteLog networking?
From: ad6id@qsl.net (Tony)
Date: Sun Jun 29 21:16:49 2003
Well, our Writelog network worked pretty well this weekend. Recall it consisted
of a Win2000, Win98, and Win95 machine. The Win2000 machine was left belonging
to the domain I belong to at work. The other machines belong to a workgroup.
   The thing that finally got them all talking was to make all computer names
UPPERCASE with no spaces, etc.

   We did have to give Win2K login and passwords when linking to it from the
other machines, but only once per boot.

   Occasionally, we would lose the net spontaneously and have to reconnect.
This happened only ~5 times during the contest.

  Hope you all had a great contest.

73, Tony, AD6ID