[WriteLog] getting started questions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] getting started questions
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun Jul 27 08:21:14 2003
What does LOGic have to do with WriteLog?

What mode(s) are you going to operate using WriteLog - SSB, PSK, RTTY,
and/or CW?

If you are going to operate RTTY, are you going to use AFSK or FSK?

Are you going to be using rig control (CIV)?  If so, do you need a CIV
interface for that, or is it built-in to your rig?  (eg 1000MP)

What type(s) of PTT input does your rig have?  Can you use CIV PTT or do you
need an interface?

You need to thoroughly understand these operating goals and considerations
before you start wiring anything.  For about $5 you could have used switches
made of 1 resistor and 1 transistor from RS and skipped the RigBlaster
alltogether, but that's an old story.

When you answer the above questions, I'm sure there are many on this list
that would be happpy to help get you going.  73 - John, WA9ALS