[WriteLog] SO2R

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SO2R
From: k7ox@pipeline.com (Gary D Elliott)
Date: Sat Aug 2 11:32:43 2003
Hello Group,

I would like to try SO2R and even maybe Single Xmtr Multi Op and hope
somebody out there could answer a few basic question before I start.

I only have one RS232 Interface, a ICOM CT-17 which allows up to 4 different
radios to be plugged in.  However, it only has one RS232 port.  After I have
networked two computers with WL (haven't tried that yet, although I have two
computers networked now)  My question is do I have to buy another
communications interface to run from the serial port of the second computer
to my secomd radio ?

Both of my radios are Icom's and is there some way I can use the CT-17 with
both radios even though only one computer is physically connected to the
interface ?

If a additional communications interface will be required, suggestions as to
which one ? Don't want to pay the high price for another CT-17.

Appreciate any comments on this , thanks in advance.

73  Gary