Re: [WriteLog] Friend ini

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Friend ini
From: Bruce Ferry <ak8b@brightdsl.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:53:36 -0400
The ARRL just did a "survey" of what people use at their Ham stations:

http://www.arrl.org/survey.php3?pollnr=198

WIN98 wasn't the biggest number but it was a very close second.

SteveWS4F@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 8/23/03 11:34:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, af4z@cfl.rr.com writes:

Bill,

This a problem between Writelog and Windows 98. WIN 2K works fine.

Wayne has put the fix on his list of fixes but since he believes so few are using WIN98, it is not very high on the list.

Yes, there is a note about this problem on my Friend file web site at: http://www.af4z.com/ham/ . Perhaps if enough people are having a problem, Wayne will move it up in priority. I believe there are a large number of Hams still running WIN98.

Don AF4Z

I have deliberately stayed away from versoins of Windows after 98, for reasons that should be obvious after all the latest viruses. I believe there is still a very large number of Writelog users who still use Win98, and will continue to do so.

73,

Steve, K4RF

-- Bruce Ferry, AK8B