Re: [WriteLog] Writelog. MMTTY. EXTFSK

To: "Timo Pohjola" <timo.pohjola@saunalahti.fi>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog. MMTTY. EXTFSK
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 21:28:42 -0500
Good question Timo.  I don't know if it can be done with MMTTY +
WriteLog + EXTFSK.  I understand it can be done with MMTTY stand-alone by using
EXTFSK but WriteLog only gives you the option of serial ports to select for FSK
keying.

(EXTFSK is a driver that allows MMTTY users to have the availability of using
different ports - including LPT ports - for keying FSK and PTT.  It can be found
on the MMTTY web page.)

I can't possibly think how this can be done since there is no MISC tab in
MMTTY setup in the plug-in in which to set the PTT port as described in the
EXTFSK readme file.  My guess is that the plug-in would have to be
re-written or else Wayne would have to add LPT port options under the Ports menu
of the Rttyrite window.

I'm wondering if there is a way to trick WriteLog into using an LPT port for
FSK by some sort of entry or modification of the writelog.ini file, but so far
I'm coming up blank.  I tried a few things thinking that renumbering the Port=x
entry under [Rttyrite] in the writelog.ini file would allow use of an LPT port
but that proved negative.  My thinking was that when I changed my CW port
to an LPT port, the cwport=n entry under [Ports] changed to the number 6.
However, under [Rttyrite] entries, changing port=n to port=6 only put the FSK
port on COM 6.  It was worth the test though.

Wayne can probably add LPT port options to the Rttyrite program and it would
probably be a great addition considering many notebook PC's are not coming with
COM ports anymore and nearly all available USB-to-Serial adapters are not
capable of
generating the 5-bit code used for FSK transmission.

73, Don AA5AU