[WriteLog] sound card SSB audio

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] sound card SSB audio
From: "Barry N1EU" <n1eu@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:06:03 -0500
Not wishing in any way to negate K3NA's experience, but I've had good experience with 3-year old RS audio isolation transformers with my MP, other than a rolloff in bass below 200hz.

W2IHY sells an excellent isolation transformer for a few bucks more - email him since I don't believe he advertises them.

I highly recommend a Behringer MX-602A or MX-802A mixer as an indispensable shack accessory. I used it in CQ WW to mix and adjust levels of soundcard and Heil mic audio going into the MP.

It's good practice to isolate all audio lines going in and out of the computer and in and out of the rig.

73,

Barry N1EU
www.n1eu.com