[WriteLog] W5XD Multi+ and PTT outputs

To: Writelog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD Multi+ and PTT outputs
From: Nick Lekic <ve3ey@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:15:50 -0500
Has anyone had any problems keying Mark V via W5XD keyer PTT-L and PPT-R outputs? This is not a software problem as PTT CW is set to "LTP Pin16/COMM RTS" in Writelog's "Setup Ports" menu.
Even if I try to key the PTT outputs via Foot Switch plugged into W5XD keyer it doesn't work.

CW keying works OK on both CW-L and CW-R outputs.
I measured 5 v across CW OptoIsolator outputs and 13 volts across PTT OptoIsolator outputs when CW an PTT is hooked up to the RIG and RIG is on stand-by/ PTT output voltage sinks down to only 10 volts when keyed either via foot switch or Writelog. Seems like not enough current can be drawn from OptoIsolators to close Mark V's PTT circuit... or peraps my unit has a hardware problem.

I would appreciate any opinion from anyone who has it working. 73, Nick
ve3ey