RE: [WriteLog] Re: issues--HOME key - return focus to log

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Re: issues--HOME key - return focus to log
From: "Bob Naumann - N5NJ" <n5nj@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 05:56:13 -0600
Just some further clarification on what I would like to see:

An option, to have the Writelog place the focus back on the log screen callsign
entry field when Writelog is doing a Timed CQ (Auto CQ).  I thought further
about a timer that would send you back there no matter what was going on, but I
don't think that would work.  The key to this, is that you're doing a Timed CQ.

The way this would work, is that when the CQ message completes, put the focus
back to the main log Window so that you could begin logging if someone calls.

Now, this might get annoying if you really want to do something else.  Well -
then stop the Timed CQing while you go do something else, or shut this option
off.

For me, while I'm operating, I always want to log the guy calling me, and
nothing is more important than that, so I would always want the program to
force me back to the callsign entry field at the end of each CQ.

While a single key would be cool, I still see that as a panic mode rather than
automatic.  I prefer automatic.

N5NJ