[WriteLog] INI file tips

To: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>,WriteLog <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] INI file tips
From: Eric Scace K3NA <eric@k3na.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 20:31:06 -0500
   There is a good INI file editor for WriteLog, WlIniEdit.  I don't remember
who was maintaining this but a search of the archives
should find it for you.

   I also take the time to plow through my INI file and alphabetize all the
sections (the groups with titles in square brackets;
e.g. [ENTRY])... and then the items within each section.  I also place an empty
line between each section to make it easier to find
the sections.  Here is an example:
[Multipliers]
CallPrefix=ZA
Location=c:\WriteLog\programs\
ShowCountry=0
X=884
Y=3

[Install]
Directory=c:\WriteLog

[Configuration]
AutoSaveCount=1000
CqFunctionKey=11
CtCompatibleAccel=YES
CwAutoLtrSpace=YES
CwSendPartialCallCorrections=1
CwSidetoneMachineSent=NO
CwSidetonePaddles=YES
DataFiles=c:\WriteLog\programs\
LiveCWDelayMs=1500
MOUSE_WHEEL_HZ=20
MoveNextOnEnter=0
QrzFunctionKey=3
QsoWarningCount=0
RecordingLocation=c:\WriteLog\AudioRecording\
SendCallExchangeKey=10
UpDownCyclesThroughLog=1
WaveFileLocation=C:\WriteLog\WaveFiles\
...etc...

   And, lastly, I have a shortcut in my Start menu that opens the INI file.

-- Eric K3NA