Re: [WriteLog] Multi-Keyer Problems

To: "Richard L. King" <k5na@texas.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Multi-Keyer Problems
From: "Wayne Wright, W5XD" <w5xd@writelog.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:37:20 -0600 (CST)
> am sending from CW memories and/or sending with the paddle input. The
> problem seems to come and go and will drop out right in the middle of a
> string of characters.

In WriteLog, under Setup Ports, look at the row that has the Yaesu
selection. There is a column labeled "COMM PTT". For the FT-1000MP, that
column must be set to NONE (or OFF, or whatever it says for negative).
With that feature turned on, WL sends a "PTT ON" command over the COMM
port. For most rigs, that is a good thing. The FT-1000MP does NOT work
properly when it gets such a command--it does what you describe. (I think
I may remove the PTT ON command from the FT-1000 rig driver--it has done
nothing but cause trouble. Its in there for "completeness" because its the
closes thing that rig has to the needed command.)

After you make changes in the Setup Ports dialog and then OK,
you must also do Setup Save Configuration. to commit the changes to
WRITELOG.INI.

> Problem 3. I seem to have a lot of trouble getting the Writelog program to
> read the frequency from both radios when I am setting up for SO2R. One
> radio is on com 1 and the other is on com 8.

Getting set up for two rigs requires an extra step beyond what happens for
one. In the Setup Ports dialog, you must turn on two rows in the
dialog--one for COM1 and the other for COM8. Then you OK the dialog.

Now the second step that you didn't have to do with just one radio: If you
have Radio Number of radios set at less than 2, then change it to 2. There
are now two buttons on the Entry Window below a label named "Radio". One
at a time, press each button. It pops up a box showing which COM port it
is using (lower right)--make sure the upper entry window gives COM1 and
the lower one gives COM8 (or the other way around--whichever you want it
to be). With only 1 radio, the second step doesn't happen because WL knows
that only one window gets the one radio. With two radios, it only "plumbs
up" the first.

Once you get it like you want, Setup Save Configuration again.

Wayne