Re: [WriteLog] 9A Contest Module

To: Scott Nichols <snichols@mvosprey.com>, baldwin78@sbcglobal.net,writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] 9A Contest Module
From: Jan-Eric Rehn - SM3CER <jan-eric.rehn@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:19:33 +0000
Hello Scott,

At 22:26 2003-12-19, you wrote:
Have downloaded the module for the 9A CW Contest, and am trying to run the 'regsvr32 crocw.dll' routine as described in an earlier post today...

The crocw.dll file is in the C:\ham\programs directory, where all the Writelog program files are...

I reboot to DOS mode and type regsvr32 crocw.dll (as the instructions say) but I keep getting a "Bad Command of Filename" error...

I tried myself in DOS mode and didn't get it to work either... :-(

The reason I wrote DOS mode was that I'm using a file manager called "Total Commander". At the bottom there is a window where you can type DOS commands. That's where I typed my command. I thought that was the same as being in the DOS mode. It seems I was wrong.

However, I tried another thing:
I went to "Start - Run" and typed the following:

regsvr32 c:\ham\writelog\programs\crocw.dll
as that is where I have my Writelog files and that was working for me.

( You need to type exactly where to find crocw.dll )

I got a message saying:
"DLLRegisterServer in c:\ham\writelog\programs\crocw.dll succeeded".

When I started Writelog after that I got a new contest name in there saying: "9A CW Contest".

I tried on two different computers, one with Windows 98SE and one with XP Home. I'm still using WriteLog V10.40J. OK on both computers.

Tried it a half dozen times, all files are where they should be...

Anybody have success in loading this module ?

73,

Scott VE1OP

73 de Jan

\\\|///
\\ ~ ~ //
( @ @ )
Jan-Eric Rehn - SM3CER - Contest call: 7S3A
SSA Contest Manager - SWEDEN
E-mail: <mailto:sm3cer@contesting.com>sm3cer@contesting.com - ICQ: 11074897
SM3CER Contest Service: <http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/>http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/
SK3BG Web Site: <http://www.sk3bg.se/>http://www.sk3bg.se/
Also QRV in MS or MM from: SI9AM - SK3IK - SL3ZV
K6U at WRTC-96 / Referee at WRTC-2000 and WRTC-2002