Re: [WriteLog] WL not saving configuration "right"

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WL not saving configuration "right"
From: Eric Hilding <eric@hilding.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:23:12 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Paul Dorey wrote:

> The underlines are there...at first I could not follow what was wrong on your
> end.  But I now see the problem - and the answer.  Let me see if I can
> simplify the answer for you.
>
> 1) Open WriteLog (and call up a contest or recall a past one)
> 2) Now as you are looking at the 'top' bar, it is TRUE that there are not any
> underlined letters.
> 3) Next just tap the ALT key
> 4) Now looking at the top bar, you will notice that there ARE letters
> underlined under each drop down area.

This is bizarre again... the "Y" in RTTY works that way, but NOT the "B"
in SSB on the CW/RTTY/SSB Message.  Hold on... OK... NOW...the latter will
work today using ALT + B.  Yesterday it would not.  There appears to be a
Gremlin at work here.

> 5) By merely key-pressing those letters, it will take you to that menu via a
> keystroke instead of using the mouse. But you must have pushed the initial
> ALT key to see those letters.
>
> In answer to your question about the SSB (underlined B) when you tap the B
> key it takes you to the <msg> setup area for your SSB messages.

No, not on my machine (as per above).  Today, it requires ALT + B to work.
Yesterday it would NOT work that way.

> I hope that this will help you.  Writelog is a great program and I have
found lots of help from the reflector.  I use Writelog about 40 times a year
and it has improved all the time. Feel free to drop me a note if you have a
question on something I might bee able to answer.  Don't know much but am sure
willing to help.

Thank you very much, Paul.  I think I still need to get a newer version
and find out which version of the runtime.dll should be installed.  I'm
wondering now if an install of another program may have plopped in an
older runtime.dll or something.

73...