[WriteLog] Voice-Keying Config Menu Draft Example

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Voice-Keying Config Menu Draft Example
From: Eric Hilding <eric@hilding.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:06:55 -0800
OK...per my previous quick profile of optional ways to deal with voice-keying of serial numbers, I just whipped up a rough Voice-Keying Draft Example for a Config Menu using WordPad to give a better idea of exactly HOW this can work. It includes textual examples of what the output of the Option Choice(s) will be.

No need to go find a manual or click in a help file when this type of approach is taken...especially if you go to make a change months down the line. The reminder of exactly HOW it works is combined with the Choice(s) to be made right on the Config Menu. I believe this kind of approach to software development to be highly efficient, effective and less resulting frustration for the end-user.

I did a screen capture of the rough WordPad schema so it's a fairly large image embedded within a .php (html) file...best viewed on a 1024 x 768 display. A desired final programmed working version should be set to display full screen on at least an 800x600 monitor so all the options & info can be seen WITHOUT someone having to scroll down a page. I hate to scroll down pages with a mouse! Or, click on umpteen different tabs to get a job done quickly.

All the possible real-world options for handling the voice-keying of serial numbers are not on the rough draft. Refer to the previous info. A "key" to making something like this work is to also produce a "Master File List" of tracks (.wav files) to be recorded by name/number(s) based upon the needs required by each of the options. Or, if a contestor only plans to use delivery Option 1, then that's all that needs to be recorded to make the serial numbers come out according to the schema.

You can view the very rough example at: http://www.k6vva.com

This is really a "no brainer" to do.

73,

Rick, K6VVA