RE: [WriteLog] Rig control on serial card?

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [WriteLog] Rig control on serial card?
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 13:11:43 -0600
Rig control and FSK should work on just about any add-on PCI card using a 16550
UART or better.

The Byterunner is probably using a 16550 or 16950 so IT WILL WORK FOR FSK AND
RADIO CONTROL.

I'm not sure why FSK would not work on Com 4 or 5.  I just recently purchased
and installed a
2 port Byterunner PCI card and it works fine as Com 4 and 5.

If FSK works fine on COM 1, leave it there.  Connect radio to Com 4, then add a
line in your
writelog.ini file under the [Ports] section that says this:

COM4:=9600,n,8,1,

I had to add this line in order to get rig control working on COM 4.  By the
way, I am using COM 5 for FSK with no problems and did not have to add a line
for COM 5.

73, Don AA5AU